-
How to make NVIDIA work? kernel-headers-2.4.20-xfs ?????
Hi,
so knoppix has kernel-2.4.20-xfs. For installing nvidia I need kernel-headers. I am noob, so be patient, please. Dselect shows me only kernel-headers-2.4.19-xfs. I thought that I need 2.4.20-xfs. On web I found only 2.4.20, so I installed it. Than tried to install nvidia, but after
$ debian/rules binary_modules
I get CC mismatch. SoI set IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH variable in bash, but I get the same. Than I tried to get rid of 2.4.20 headers by dpkg --purge and install 2.4.19-xfs headers with dselect but it would allow me to do it only be removing about 190 packages
Please help.
And another thing. I have the same problem with other distribution. Before I install nvidia drivers my display (HP Pavillion) is moved few inches to the right. How can I set this without manualy adjusting horisontal position of the screen.
Thanks for help
simon
Similar Threads
-
By your_breakfast in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 02:22 PM
-
By Viro in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 02:24 PM
-
By nishtya in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 10:08 PM
-
By Grendelsbane in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2004, 07:32 PM
-
By sauvaget in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 07:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate BarraCuda 28TB 7.2K SATA 6Gb/s 3.5in Internal HDD ST28000DM000 - Tested
$670.00

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$329.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99