Hi Oerjan...i tried what you suggested but when i did, the response was that it didnt recognize the word "remount". The computer is not letting me have any access to that file in /etc/x11/xf86config-4
I can't find it using console no matter what i do....i can get into the /etc/ directory, but when i do cd /x11 it says it cant find the directory. I dont understand why i cant find it at console...i log in using root console, type in cd ..
then cd /etc
then cd /x11 and it comes back and says it cannot find that directory, but when i go back to graphical mode and look for that file in konquerir it finds it no problem. I hate to have to re install the whole OS....but i cant log in as root into KDE at all....i can log in as regular user no problem....i logged in as regular user, then did ctrl+alt+f2 and at command prompt logged in as root and did ctrl+alt+f7 to get back into KDE and try to access that file but it wont give me access to copy it, rename it, delete it...nothing. any other ideas?!?!?!?! thanks....bob