When I try to mount my cdrom drives I get:
root@Enterprise:/dev# mount /cdrom
mount: /dev/cdrom is not a valid block device
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
--Robert
When I try to mount my cdrom drives I get:
root@Enterprise:/dev# mount /cdrom
mount: /dev/cdrom is not a valid block device
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
--Robert
ok, check what your cdrom REALLY is called dmesg |grep CD (note capital letters)
for me i get
it is the hdc part that is interesting.hdc: QSI CD-RW/DVD-ROM SBW-241, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
for you it could beseveral diferent; hdb. hdc. hdd. hdh, scXY, srY...
now I would write:
that should mount my cdrom, if i have linux installed i will edit the symlink /dev/cdrom to point to the corect device (/dev/hdc)Code:mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom
Cool, thanks. Worked like a charm. I've updated my /etc/fstab and now it works wonderfully.Originally Posted by OErjan
Thnks,
--Robert

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Dell PowerEdge 4220 42U Server Rack Cabinet 0T8GFJ No PDUs or Rear Panel & Door
$449.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95