-
Wireless help
I am a complete newbie to linux. I am booting from the cd my hope is that I can knoppix to detect my wireless then I will add some extra apps and remaster the ISO.
lspci looks like this:
00:00.0 Host bridge: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device cbb2 (rev 02)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc PCI Bridge [IGP 340M]
00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: ALi Corporation M5451 PCI AC-Link Controller Audio Device (rev 02)
00:07.0 ISA bridge: ALi Corporation M1533 PCI to ISA Bridge [Aladdin IV]
00:08.0 Modem: ALi Corporation Intel 537 [M5457 AC-Link Modem]
00:09.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM94306 802.11g (rev 02)
00:0a.0 CardBus bridge: O2 Micro, Inc. OZ6912 Cardbus Controller
00:0b.0 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 50)
00:0b.1 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 50)
00:0b.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB 2.0 (rev 51)
00:0c.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments TSB43AB21 IEEE-1394a-2000 Controller (PHY/Link)
00:10.0 IDE interface: ALi Corporation M5229 IDE (rev c4)
00:11.0 Bridge: ALi Corporation M7101 PMU
00:12.0 Ethernet controller: National Semiconductor Corporation DP83815 (MacPhyter) Ethernet Controller
01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon IGP 340M
So I know knoppix can see the device. if i type wlcardconfig it says no wireless network card found.
HELP ME PLEASE
-
Are you using Knoppix 3.3?
I believe it has the Prism54 driver on it. Your card is listed on the Prism54 site as being supported. You might want to check this page http://prism54.org/supported_cards.php and the rest of the website for additional information about your card.
-
I am using knoppix 3.3
If the driver where included how would I go about installing my hardware?
Similar Threads
-
By krinsome in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-17-2005, 05:43 AM
-
By rubic_cube in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-31-2005, 10:43 PM
-
By buckeye in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 07:21 AM
-
By sparticus in forum Laptops
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
-
By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 *TESTED FOR POWER*
$349.99

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00