-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanks for the other sensor program -=- gkrellm -=-
And, yes, my labels were wrong...
XSensors is not as "customizable" as gkrellm, I dropped down to my BIOS and took my readings from its labels...
In gkrellm, you can change your labels to what they are... In xsensors, I guess it sets the labels to what "it" thinks they are...
My readings are, as you suspected, SYS Temp is running approximatelly 8.5 deg C "lower" than my CPU Temp...
Another thing I found out about "xsensors" - even though you can provide a command line option of "-f" to translate readings into deg F, the display labels change, but not the readings themselves, they still display temps in C, but with a label saying they are in F. (I think someone didn't "program in" the switch yet...
As for your thought, yes, I agee, a larger case will provide more "breathing" space for everything - your temp settings should reflect lower values in a larger case. If a larger case is not available, I am sure that an additional fan would provide more "ambiant" air flow, as well.
I only have one case cooling fan, below the power supply, and "exhausts" the heat flow. My case is rather "roomy" inside, and the case does provide for an "additional" cooling fan to "pull" air from the front of the case, and blow across the mainboard, towards the back "exhaust" fan - but, considering my temps, I didn't feel I needed it. If I had a "dual" processor motherboard, and two "screaming" procs installed, I might have gone with the dual fan setup.
Thanks again for the "gkrellm" program, I like it much more than xsensors - a lot more options, and far more customizations 
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By jjmac in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 11:34 AM
-
By nishtya in forum General Support
Replies: 37
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By andrei in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 07:01 PM
-
By qnx in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-15-2003, 03:03 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2003, 05:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730xd 12Bay3.5, 7x3tb w Trays, 32Gb, 2x12c V4, H730
$500.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell PowerEdge R720 Server 2x Xeon E5-2670 2.6 GHz 64 GB RAM No OS No HDD Read-
$239.95