Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: sound and printer

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3

    sound and printer

    I am trying to learn linux commands. I have start up and shut down sound but no sound when I insert a cd. Configuring sound yeilds sound card not suported(ac97). Can't configure my win network printer. actually got the cartridge to move once. (I know I'm on the right track.) Print manager will empty contents to network but not any more. (I don't know what I f'ed up.)


    knop 3.3 hd installed

    where are theese people getting these config commands to run from root?
    I am proficent in dos but the linux for dos users list I found is lame.


  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3
    by the way I completely redid the install to hd using samba and cups. Used cups only the first time. assigned proper ip settings and am using a windows based gateway. Printserver also requires a password to print form a windows computer. (that works fine all the time). I would be willing to eliminate the windows printing password but not sure how to configure a user from a linux computer. (I don't even know if thats the way I should go)

    Thanks

    anyone!?

Similar Threads

  1. Sound and printer problems
    By Zuggy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 08:34 PM
  2. SOund card fun:Sound Blaster Audigy OEM also Radeon 9600Pro
    By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 04:45 PM
  4. Printer issues CUPS/Printer Server/OptraE+
    By rec9140 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM
  5. Maxi Sound Muse half channels sound
    By dobell in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 07:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99



MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi LGA 1200 mATX Intel DDR4 Motherboard picture

MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi LGA 1200 mATX Intel DDR4 Motherboard

$175.00



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99