-
Knoppix not detecting my cd-rom
First up...sorry abt the somewhat lame post...but I've searched and searched and searched..yet I'm still not able to get my answer..
I'm using an EIDE LG cd-rom (yes, i no abt the problems in regards to this brand).... but when I load knoppix.. it comes to this line
Accessing KNOPPIX cdrom at /dev/scd0..............
and just stops there. I was told its because knoppix thinks my cd-rom is a scsi model. But the person who told me that doesn't know how to solve the problem.
What should I do because this problem also applies to another Linux distro called PHLAK.
Accessing PHLAK cdrom at /dev/scd0..............
Thanks.
PS: I even did a checksum - came up accurate and ran update for cdrom..no diff.
Similar Threads
-
By tommydl in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-28-2007, 09:12 AM
-
By phinn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 09:26 AM
-
By darkwid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 10:30 PM
-
By acidcho in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 01:28 AM
-
By fullerton in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-21-2003, 06:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HYNIX HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN 3200AA 16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory
$105.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$217.00

LOT OF 16 Micron 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 MTA36ASF2G72PZ SERVER MEMORY ECC
$800.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39