Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: /etc/fstab permission denied

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    29

    /etc/fstab permission denied

    Hi,
    I am trying to configure my cdrom to mount and I can't get access to /etc/fstab even tho I am sued in as root. I have made the directory mkdir /mnt/cdrom, unmouted cdrom and now I can't get access to fstab to change anything. Can someone help?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    83

    Re: /etc/fstab permission denied

    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla
    Hi,
    I am trying to configure my cdrom to mount and I can't get access to /etc/fstab even tho I am sued in as root. I have made the directory mkdir /mnt/cdrom, unmouted cdrom and now I can't get access to fstab to change anything. Can someone help?

    i just found out that from the K menu , click on run command and then type /etc/fstab

Similar Threads

  1. PERMISSION DENIED on java!!!
    By xaviers2002 in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 10:23 PM
  2. Permission denied to root
    By relinguin in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 01:02 PM
  3. Booting to Knoppix v3.3 gets ... Permission Denied (solved)
    By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 01:52 AM
  4. Permission denied on knx-hdinstall
    By djoey in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-20-2003, 10:27 PM
  5. permission denied
    By simple in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-23-2002, 05:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory picture

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory

$149.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



Team 16GB (2x8GB) 3600 DDR4 Desktop Ram picture

Team 16GB (2x8GB) 3600 DDR4 Desktop Ram

$74.99



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$43.00



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00