my soundblaster live has the same problem... when i turn the speakers up and reboot into XP.. it is LOUD!!!!!!!! lol
My Soundblaster Live card is detected by the soundcard setup program but gives extremely quiet sound, almost inaudible in fact. I have tried adjusting the sound mixer settings but the problem appears more fundamental.
Strangely enough, using the Knoppix based Freeduc distribution, sound output is at a normal volume.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
my soundblaster live has the same problem... when i turn the speakers up and reboot into XP.. it is LOUD!!!!!!!! lol
i have the same problem.
but i dont get any sound, and the mixer detect my sound blaster
anynody???
Tell me about it lol, I just tried knoppix a few min ago and its quiet.Originally Posted by god
but still really cool.
Smae problem here, hae it when I reboot to windows without turning down the sound...
Is there any way of adjusting the volume in linux? I couldn't find anything. Also, I couldn't find anything to adjust the screen resolution...
what kind of speakers are you guys using? I hear nothing through my boston accoustic digital speakers, havent checked analog though.....
my card is detected and set up however.
-jamie
I'm using bostons
To adjust the sound levels edit the /etc/aumixrc file. You will see pairs of numbers there for you right and left channels change them to the desired volume level you want. If You want to it graphically try using KMix under Multimedia -> Sounds.
To adjust your resolution go to settings -> control center -> peripherals -> X Display off the K menu for a HD install for cd-rom use the screen= cheat code.
Kmix did it for me.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box
$1500.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Yealink SIP-T46S, t46G, & T46U IP Phone - Black, LOT of 14
$324.99
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99