Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: KDE always sorts desktop icons !

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    13

    KDE always sorts desktop icons !

    Hi !

    Sorry if this has been asked before, I did use the search function, but didn't find anything.

    I've installed Knoppix 3.3, works great so far, it's a lot better than SuSE (well I still used a 7.2, manually updated everthing possible from sources !

    My problem: KDE always sorts the desktop icons, I can't disable it. Well I can, for the current session. But whenever I re-login, the setting is back to sort "directories first". This is very annoying as it always places all icons in the upper left corner of the desktop.
    I tried to set the session manager to "Restore manually saved session". I can save a session, but KDE will still sort "Directories first" after login, no matter what.
    Is this a common bug in Knoppix? I didn't change much, so far it's a plain Knoppix-HD-install via knoppix-installer.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    13
    I've found it myself: It's not a bug, it's a feature . There's a script in ~/.kde/Autostart that automatically sorts the icons. I removed it and everything is fine now. I guess this does sense when running from CD, but it should be disabled for a HD-install !

Similar Threads

  1. desktop icons
    By michael7 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 05:26 AM
  2. Removing Desktop Icons?
    By richardljohnson in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 10:44 PM
  3. Desktop icons
    By oldgeezer in forum General Support
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 06:46 AM
  4. Moving desktop icons
    By eris_pluvia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 02:22 AM
  5. Where do the desktop icons go?
    By skyconcert in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2002, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$385.00



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick

$165.90



FLASHFORGE AD5X Upgraded Multi-Color 3D Printer CoreXY High-Speed Auto Refill US picture

FLASHFORGE AD5X Upgraded Multi-Color 3D Printer CoreXY High-Speed Auto Refill US

$349.00