-
DNS Resolution Issue with Knoppix 3.3
Hi,
I am new to knoppix, (relatively experienced with linux however) and I thought i would try it out. I boot up knoppix on a regular windows box i keep under my desk and it boots up great and everything is fine until I try and hit the web. For some reason knoppix refuses to resolve FQDNs into IPs. I am using DHCP and ifconfig and resolv.conf both show the proper information communicated from the DHCP server, and when I run IPtraffic at the same time I do requests I see DNS requests go out to the proper servers, but no response. When I boot to windows I can resolve just fine. This has happened on two different boxes thus far, I am going to try another PC tommorow to try and ensure that it is not my PCs.
Anybody have any ideas why this may be happening?
Similar Threads
-
By eXploit in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-12-2005, 02:23 PM
-
By qb45man in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-22-2005, 04:55 PM
-
By hmeyer in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 10:56 AM
-
By ChronusDark in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 11:08 PM
-
By saravanan in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 01:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00