Hi
In a recent reinstall of Windows XP, my LILO bootloader was wiped off the MBR and now I can't boot my Debian (knoppix installed to hd) system. Can I use the Knoppix CD to somehow run lilo off of that partition and fix the problem?
Thanks,
mc_03
Hi
In a recent reinstall of Windows XP, my LILO bootloader was wiped off the MBR and now I can't boot my Debian (knoppix installed to hd) system. Can I use the Knoppix CD to somehow run lilo off of that partition and fix the problem?
Thanks,
mc_03
Yes once booted with knoppix 2 at the console type in then enter.Originally Posted by mc_03
Replace the ?? with the drive letter and partition number of the / partition of the install.Code:mount /dev/hd?? /mnt/hd?? chroot /mnt/hd??/ /sbin/lilo -v shutdown -r now

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1245v6 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$483.99
Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1240v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$484.00
Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1220v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$477.00
HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99