Any suggestions?
I put knoppix on a cd as an image. I even made two cd's to make sure there wasn't an error on the first and wrote the second at a lower speed.
I'm using Windows xp home and booting knoppix from cd. Knoppix boots and Right after it says "Please stand by a few seconds while the optimal configuration is being..." the monitor blinks(changing resoultion?) and its like watching a channel using an antenna. It looks like theres a picture, all I see is Lines that are blue scrolling left to right and right to left across my screen. It stays that way and doesnt stop and I can't see anything. I end up ctrl+alt delete and pushing enter. I just guessed cause again I can't see anything.
I tried knoppix noagp, noapm, and failsafe and they all end up showing the same scrolling screen. Sorry if this was already asked, but I just wanna see what this is like.
By the way, I am running dual monitors, one with a chipset(which is set as default in BIOS), and the other is a PCI. Not sure if that will help any.
Any suggestions?
Heh I went and tried noapm, and noapic and that seemed to have worked. So this problem is solved.![]()
miagi,
I am having the same problem how did you solve it. Where do you type noapm or noapic? I typed each one at the boot but it does notlike it
Thanks
DD
I typed all this where it says Boot:
Knoppix noapic knoppix noagp knoppix noapm knoppix noddc
I still have to narrow it down to which is causing the problem...
You only need knoppix noapic noagp noapm noddc for the line the extra knoppix's are unnecessary and you may be able to get by with only the noddc that stops the auto-detection of the monitor which can cause the problems you describe in the first post although sometimes you may need xvrefresh=60 as well and the xmodule= for the video card comes in handy also.Originally Posted by miagi
>You only need knoppix noapic noagp noapm noddc for the line the extra >knoppix's are unnecessary
The above command does not work for me, has anybody found the cause of this problem?
Thanks
JB[/quote]
[/quote]Originally Posted by daka
That would be the command for his machine have you tried knoppix noddc xvrefresh=60 xmodule=?? replace the ?? with the proper module for your video card, a list of cheat codes to find said module. If this does not work then some idea of the hardware your have in the machine would be nice to see.

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95