I've had my share of problems with trying to setup my computer to work with wireless, If you have the money I strongly suggest you get a wireless bridge, a wirless bridge is a simple to setup device that "bridges" from a wireless network to wired one, or to a single wired computer, these a re also sometimes called Wirless Console Adapters (the general use is to plug them into an Xbox or PS2). A wireless bridge is completely OS independent, and is configured through a web browser. No drivers necessary. They connect via CAT5 (standard ethernet) cords. Depending on what type of network you have and what company you get the bridge from, prices range from $60-$100. I realize that this could be difficult to youse w/ a laptop, but for a desktop user (like me, my comuters are seperated by walls and I don't want to put holes in the walls) it's great.