-
Accessing Windows Files to delete them. Help
Here is what I am trying to do.
I am trying to remove a virus from a windows2000 machine. I want to boot off the knoppix cd (which I know how to do and have done) to access the hard drive for the Windows2000 machine.
The reason for doing it this way is because by nmanualy trying to delete the virus file or using an anti-virus software I can not delete the file.
So I figure on using knoppix and trying to delete the file off the hard drive.
Can something like this be done, even thought the file cannot be accesses via a windows environment?
-
Senior Member
registered user
It might be a NTFS partition which knoppix can't write too. You can try to get the unoffical 3.4 and see if you can do it.
-
Even though its an NTFS isn't there a way to mount the drive and make it write able through knoppix?
If it were a FAT then I assume this would be a possibillity to get rid of virus files that will not allow them selves to be deleted in a windows / DOS environment?
-
Senior Member
registered user
yes if it is fat it is easy to delete the files IF you know where they are and what they are called
just rightklick on the disk icon and select them to become read/write...
-
Thanks for the tip
Thanks kindly my friend I shall try this
-
try Linux Defender (http://www.bitdefender.com/bd/site/d...php?menu_id=21) Is intended exactly to solve your kind of problems
Similar Threads
-
By Tetsuro in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 08:07 PM
-
By Mustang64 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 03:06 AM
-
By Accumet8000 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-02-2004, 01:41 AM
-
By standmatt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 05:10 PM
-
By microsoft_sucks in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-04-2003, 05:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Micronik A1200 Infinitiv Tower, NEW IN BOX, Commodore Amiga 1200 Kit
$1472.50

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$950.00

Amiga 2000 2630/CPU 68030 25Mhz
$300.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

Commodore Amiga 500 Motherboard Rev 5, A500 #548 (As-Is)
$64.75

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99

External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive
$135.00