Look into " md " it's been quite a while since I played with it, so I can't help you any more than that. The md stuff is in raidtools (apt-get install raidtools)
HTH
rock
Hi,
Before I go ahead and attempt to make an array out of my drives, does the default knoppix kernel support SW/RAID ? I have 3.1 installed on a box with 2 SCSI disks that are identical. One is unused so, now i want to try SW/RAID.
Ray
Look into " md " it's been quite a while since I played with it, so I can't help you any more than that. The md stuff is in raidtools (apt-get install raidtools)
HTH
rock
Yes as a module, but if you wan't to boot from it, you'll have to compile it into the kernelOriginally Posted by scoozme
![]()
I find that mdadm is the best tool for administrating softwareraid - of which I know.![]()
Well, you can create an initrd which loads the necessary MD RAID modules on startup. This is what I did in order to get a system up to the point where I could build a fresh kernel with MD support built in (after copying the relevant modules into the initrd's /modules/)...
Code:#!/static/sh insmod /modules/jbd.o insmod /modules/ext3.o insmod /modules/md.o insmod /modules/xor.o insmod /modules/raid1.o insmod /modules/raid5.o /sbin/mdadm -Es >> /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf /sbin/mdadm -As mount -t proc proc /proc echo 256 > /proc/sys/kernel/real-root-dev umount /proc mount -t ext3 /dev/md4 /mnt /static/pivot_root /mnt /mnt/initrd

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$90.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99