-
LCD Monitors and Knoppix
Hi,
I have a Fujitsu Siemens LCD 15" model 38B1 and while Xserver is starting the monitor tell "frequency not supported"
My video card is Matrox G400 and it is well recognized during the loading of kernel..
I tried many cheat codes like setting resolution screen and xvrefresh but nothing seems to resolve this problem!
I can't understand why with notebook lcd screens Knoppix is good and with many LCD screen not at all.
I read another post about Sony Flatscreen with similar problems.
Can anyone help me?
thanks
Rob
-
Junior Member
registered user
That's odd. On this machine, it works fine on my similar TFT of the same size. They normally work ononly 60Hz by the way (which is not a disadvantage for LCD tech). In fact, it's the only machine/monitor in the house that Knoppix does work on. If it was down to the other two monitors, I'd have thrown Knoppix in the bin long ago - I'd never have got to see it at all, it only succeeds in shutting down the other monitors.
-
Exactly the same problem here with a flat screen "IIYAMA AS314UT"!
Whatever I try, it says 'input not supported', even starting with the option vga=normal whiwh should be the standardized output...
However, no problem to have it running on my laptop.
Any idea.?
-
Senior Member
registered user
booting in fail safe worked for me (dell ultrasharp flat-panel).
The only problem with that is now my mouse won't work (dell logitech usb optical wheelmouse)....
any help would be nice... I dont want to boot in failsafe all the time...
-
Senior Member
registered user
I got it working... I used "knoppix xmodule=vesa" and it worked.... It appears my monitor only supports vesa....
-
I tried xmodule =vesa and other settings like xvrefresh = 60 and both but nothing! My Fujitsu Siemens 38 B1 isn't good for Knoppix
Please Can you suggest anything else?
Thanks
Rob
-
Senior Member
registered user
I would get the manual out, or look up online what display modes it supports, and type "knoppix xmodule=XXXX" Where XXXX is the name of the module.
-
Try "fb 1024x768" (without "knoppix", just fb 1024x768 at boot line) this works with my two LCD monitors
-
Senior Member
registered user
could it be possible than a combination of the two is in order? i.e. a vesa mode only and need the fb option too?
-
Junior Member
registered user
This problem has to de with the differences between CRT-/LCD-monitors.
I think Knoppix tries to check the refreshrate of the monitor, but this works different on an LCD / TFT monitor.
There lies the problem I think...
Similar Threads
-
By dragonforce99 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 11:45 PM
-
By nicorelli in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 12:09 AM
-
By gyro in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-10-2004, 10:31 PM
-
By Simon_Haddad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-27-2003, 06:23 AM
-
By ledatica in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-15-2003, 08:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Commodore 128 -Tested-As Is No Cables, console only -READ DESCRIPTION
$165.00

BitBinders 1581DV Dual 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive for Commodore 8-Bit Computers READ
$429.00

1980's Commodore VIC - 20 Computer with Original Box and Manuals POWERS ON
$99.95

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99

Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer
$600.00

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99