-
Analog USB Modem
Hi,
I'm wondering about buying a new analog modem for my USB-port. Since my internal modem in my PCI-slot is a so called Winmodem I believe I have to buy a new one (perhaps via ebay).
Since I can not just try one, I like to be sure to use it with knoppix-3.4 (from may 05) before I buy a new one...
So, are there any known problems with USB Analog-Modems? Modems for the serial port weren't a problem some time ago I made my first Linux steps with SuSE. But I can't use this serial modem I still have since I use my serial port for another thing.
Question in one sentence: Do most analog modems for USB port (which you can buy at the moment) work with Knoppix 3.4?
Thanks in advance 
Fridolino
Similar Threads
-
By Mic Q in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 02:17 PM
-
By downdogWoof in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-07-2004, 03:57 PM
-
By oni-neko in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-07-2004, 04:42 PM
-
By panthrax in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 11:39 PM
-
By www.rzr.online.fr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 09:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500
$19.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99