-
hardware detection/config - to allow me to install linux
Hi
Hope I've got the right board here.
I'm really a complete know nothing newbie.
I have tried to ditch windows, and opted to install Mandrake 9.2 as it has often been regarded as a largely automated install - great for those new to Linux.
However, on one of my PCs at home, I install off the Cds - but it will not reboot into the desktop interface.
It looks like there may some hardware issues. I'm trying through various means to overcome this problem., However, I've also ordered a copy of Knoppix as I've read that one of it's strong points is its abilty over hardware detection and config.
Can anyone suggest a step by step (handholding I know!) process so that I can attempt this - bearing in mind my PC currently only starts to boot up and then hangs up midway.
Thanks in anticipation.
Similar Threads
-
By Ish Rattan in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-17-2004, 04:28 AM
-
By FlorianK in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 03:31 PM
-
By Danmak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 03:40 AM
-
By Christer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 03:32 PM
-
By andy_and_fred in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-29-2003, 09:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G SM-T738U 12.4" Tablet Gray 64GB T-Mobile CRACKED
$82.68

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra SM-X910 256 GB, Wi-Fi, 14.6 in - Graphite
$625.00

Lot of 12 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets with BAD LCD for Parts
$381.38