Hi,
I have just installed Knoppix using the hdinstall option on my machine at home. Everything went very well, except that I can't get the networking to work at all.
I have a Dell Dimension 2400 with a Broadcom 4400 ethernet card.
Knoppix detects the card and if I do an ifconfig I can see the card with all the correct settings:
IP Address - 192.168.1.16
Subnet - 255.255.255.0
Broadcast - 192.168.1.255
Network - 192.168.1.0
Default Gateway - 192.168.1.1
Nameserver - 192.168.1.1
If I look in dsmesg it seems to find the card OK, eth0, IRQ3. It shows up in lspci OK. Infact the only error I see is from NETDEV which is a transit timeout if I remember correctly, which seems to fit in with the fact that it can't ping anything except itself, (TCP/IP is therefore working OK) I've tried different ip addresses, etc. I've downloaded the latest Linux drivers from Broadcom and installed them as per their instructions and it all went fine, except there is still no network.
I know that the card works and the cable is OK, as this is a multi-boot machine running Slackware, SuSE and XP (and hopefully Knoppix) and the network is working fine under all the other systems..
I've done a search for Knoppix and Broadcom and there appears to be a few issues but none of them match my problem.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99