The fix is to install klik, install firefox, reinstall klik.Originally Posted by jMon54
I installed and ran klik on a computer at work. Then I successfully installed Firefox. But on my home system, it won't work. I keep getting a protocol not supported error. I next tried Flash, and that seems to be downloading okay. Any idea why Firefox isn't working? Could it have to do with the fact I had had it installed previously?
The fix is to install klik, install firefox, reinstall klik.Originally Posted by jMon54
Closeactually the procedure is:
1. Open Firefox/Mozilla
2. (Re)install klik client
(Reason: Firefox/Mozilla arbitrarily names its profile folders, so they must be created first in order for klik to know where to write the settings to. You could call that "bad design" if you want.)
Greetings,
probono

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01