make a persistent home directory on the Hardrive. If its not NTFS then you'll be able to. Just click the knoppix menu, config, create persistent home
hi, I read about "klik" .... very cool,
Now how can I make my home directory stay on HDD and all programs installed via
klik to go there... but on the other hand still to boot from the CD...
And if I later decide to do knx-hdinstall, will klik packges be preserverd..
tia
make a persistent home directory on the Hardrive. If its not NTFS then you'll be able to. Just click the knoppix menu, config, create persistent home
I tried klik with persistent home and it does not work for me. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong. I am trying to use persistent home with knoppix 3.4 via cheatcode knoppix home=/dev/sda1
Do we need to create the persistent home directory first? Then install klik after the reboot? Do we need to use persistent home and save my config?
Every time I use klik, the klik program disappears and there is the install directory on my hdd. Please let me know your successful configurations. Thank you.
Yes. I found it best to save the configuration file - reboot with myconf=scan - create a persistent home - reboot with home = scan and myconf = scanDo we need to create the persistent home directory first? Then install klik after the reboot? Do we need to use persistent home and save my config?
I created a 230MB PH on a pen drive. Once you start using Klik you'll find the space runs out quite quickly so a larger PH on your hard drive may be a better way to go
drb

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00