Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Remastering KNOPPIX-3.3 to a DVD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3

    Remastering KNOPPIX-3.3 to a DVD

    Hi Guys,

    I have a slight problem with remastering a KNOPPIX-CD to a DVD;

    My Problem is this:

    I have to remaster KNOPPIX for my university, and they want certain licensed software installed;

    so far, so good, I did a HD-install of KNOPPIX, removed some software (ie. most of the servers and games), installed/compiled the needed software, copied the whole data to a new partition and made a compressed image as described in the HOWTO (mkisofs -V ...).

    To test ist, I put the image in a 'KNOPPIX' directory on one of my partitions, booted from the original boot-disk.

    The linuxrc finds the image, mounts it, but then it does an e2fsck on the root filesystem (AFAIK the miniroot.gz) and tells me, it's not ext2 or something (already seen somewhere else in the forum).

    Are there any MUST-BE packages (except cloop), or is there anything special to consider when making the image?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1

    Re:

    hi, I think I know the solution to your problem. What you have to do before you compresss your knoppix file system image (e.g. to knoppixinitrd.gz) you have to format it.
    I'm not exactly sure what the syntax is but I think it's
    mkfs -t ext2 -F /<your knoppix directory>

    Good Luck!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3
    OK, I finally figured it out: First I used a filesystem, Knoppix didn't like; after fixing that, something seems to have corrupted my new image.

    Thanks anyway and sorry for the trouble.

Similar Threads

  1. Remastering Knoppix
    By bigbrother in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 04:16 PM
  2. Which is better for remastering Knoppix?
    By Drezliok in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 06:08 PM
  3. Remastering Suite V1.01 released! Easy Knoppix-Remastering
    By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
  4. Remastering knoppix
    By gtgoku in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2003, 02:55 AM
  5. Remastering Scripts : easy remastering
    By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module picture

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module

$89.00



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001 picture

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001

$14.90



SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code picture

SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code

$108.09



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99