I downloaded from knoppix.net sources site..
but the modutils seems too old for my current kernel..
tried with apt-get source modutils, but end up with lots of errors..
so I never made far with this ash shell.
custom kernel is ready, modules done...
but I've been staying on the same problem on this issue for days..
should I get modutils from source ? or the apt-get source modutils
suppose to work ?
Can someone please direct me to some docs
on re-compiling ash with custom kernel and
current kernel's modutils please ?![]()
Because ash-knoppix (or 'init' in this context) is statically linked with modutils, you may also need to recompile ash-knoppix to upgrade your modutils for any newer kernel versions that may require them
--

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99
10G PCIe Ethernet Adapter AQC113 10GBase-T RJ45 NIC for Windows Linux NAS Server
$57.99
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99