-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: new mail? How?

Originally Posted by
colin stewart
Yesterday, I powered the system down after about 2 days. I just powered up again and I have it set so that I start with a console log in from which I can startx or kdm to a gui if I want. I logged in as root, and got a message saying I got new mail!
This has confused me a bit since I have not set any mail up! On further looking about the place I can see no trace of any mail anyway - so what gives? How can I find that to which the beast refers, and more, how might I read same? <shrug>
I mean on the face of it, that looks like the setup is mistaken, but it's far more likely that I am, surely?
In the same console mail and it should show you a list of the mail waiting for you type in the number of the mail you want to see and enter to read, ESC brings you back to the list IIRC and when you are done "q" then enter quits the program.
Similar Threads
-
By Hunkah in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-16-2011, 08:57 PM
-
By adamherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-29-2005, 03:20 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 12:01 AM
-
By zavec in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-04-2004, 05:04 PM
-
By quakes in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-05-2003, 12:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.66