Hi All,
Lately I've been doing rather a lot of re-runs of the HD install, some better than others as I learn. I was wondering about making a partition or two on my HD to hold the knoppix distro and the next one 3.4 if/when that's ever available.![]()
![]()
The idea would be to speed up the tinkering rate as I try to discover my optimum cheatcodes so the install ends up closest to how I want it. Can I do that and what should I read up on to understand it?
It sure looks hard to do - I now have a floppy drive available for a short while too, would this help at all.?
I'd like to save my cheatcodes to another media that isn't wiped everytime so I can change one setting at a time and observe if the results are what I would like or not. I see posts which suggest that something like this can be done, but there's not been enough detail in them so far for me to actually do it, or I've found other posts with stuff which is over my head, so I'm looking for a middle ground which I can first understand and then build on.
[EDIT:SOLUTION] Installed XP for now, will await further development of Linux. Anyone got any estimate of when Linux is due to be finished?![]()

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99