Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Mouse Pointers

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    No Luck

    Hi Marcus.....I did edit the file in /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals

    and restarted computer and cursor is STILL SMALL!!! HAHAHAHA!! I wonder why? Maybe I can download another cursor?

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    replace it?

    I am thinking is it possible to just remove the current arrow cursor and download a BIG one and put it in place of small one? I dont think I really need a new mouse THEME.....just the arrow pointer.....OR is it possible to actually edit the mouse pointer itself and enlarge it?

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by colin stewart
    Hmm.. can't find those four you mention, how are you seeing them? - I looked under themes based on what you said, but no luck

    Still no idea about the typing/insert cursor either - a block would likely be more visible that a line I am hoping! oh well, back to the draining board!

    Try this as root to display change to --config in the line if you want to change the cursor and choose the number you want.

    Code:
    HappyTux:/home/stephen# update-alternatives --display x-cursor-theme
    x-cursor-theme - status is manual.
     link currently points to /etc/X11/cursors/whiteglass.theme
    /etc/X11/cursors/core.theme - priority 30
    /etc/X11/cursors/redglass.theme - priority 20
    /etc/X11/cursors/whiteglass.theme - priority 20
    /etc/X11/cursors/handhelds.theme - priority 20
    Current `best' version is /etc/X11/cursors/core.theme.

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    eh?

    Hi Stephen....I hate to sound dumb but I am not sure I follow you....I went into /etc/x11/cursors and there are 4 files in there: core.theme, handhelds.theme, redglass.theme and whiteglass.theme. When I click on, say core.theme to look at the file, all it says is:

    [Icon Theme]
    Inherits=core

    I am not sure what the rest of what you said has sunk in yet! Could you explain a little more detailed for me? Is it these .theme files that I have to add something to? bob

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by bob58

    I am not sure what the rest of what you said has sunk in yet! Could you explain a little more detailed for me? Is it these .theme files that I have to add something to? bob
    You use the update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme as root and change the current cursor to one you want.

  6. #16
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    mouse theme

    Hi Stephen...thanks for helping me...so what i do is bring up console and as root, type in "update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme" and it will prompt me to type in a different theme such as redglass.theme or whiteglass.theme? Sorry to be such a bonehead....bob

  7. #17
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: mouse theme

    Quote Originally Posted by bob58
    Hi Stephen...thanks for helping me...so what i do is bring up console and as root, type in "update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme" and it will prompt me to type in a different theme such as redglass.theme or whiteglass.theme? Sorry to be such a bonehead....bob
    Yes except you choose the number of the alternative you want.

  8. #18
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    the red cursor

    Hi Stephen....I tried that and it worked as far as a different cursor. I picked the red one which is easier to see but it is still very small.....but I guess I can live with it now....I have not tried the other 2 choices yet.....thanks for that code....it did help. bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. New to Knoppix, need some pointers
    By Otacon in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 05:15 PM
  2. Mouse problems. Need a few pointers (geddit?)
    By fannymites in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 05:23 AM
  3. SCSI disk not detected by noppix ?!? Any pointers ? ...
    By dayalp in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 06:03 PM
  4. newbie pointers
    By diirrttiiee in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 08:34 AM
  5. how to make my Mouse Systems mouse work with knoppix?
    By clfest in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 01:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 picture

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 CMK32GX4M2E3200C16

$159.99



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module

$29.25



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S  2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory picture

16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory

$27.95



Samsung M393AAK40B42-CWD7Y 128GB 2S4rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12-DB1 SERVER RAM ECC picture

Samsung M393AAK40B42-CWD7Y 128GB 2S4rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12-DB1 SERVER RAM ECC

$550.00



16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980 picture

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980

$39.99



G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB (1x32GB) DDR4-3200 288-Pin DIMM XMP 2.0 F4-3200C16S-32GVK picture

G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB (1x32GB) DDR4-3200 288-Pin DIMM XMP 2.0 F4-3200C16S-32GVK

$149.99