-
Mouse Pointers
Hi All,
While playing about with all sorts of settings and learning what this linux thing can do, I noted that sometimes the choice of colour scheme and the pointers for the mouse can prove to be an unfortunate mix, which could often use a little tweaking at least to make it all work nicely together. How can you tweak/select the pointer graphics used for the mouse? I'd like the "I Beam" not to have a drop shadow as it's silly really, since you are never quite sure which one it's using for placement in some colour schemes.
I like CDS as a colour set, but the cursor (while typing here on the forum) is almost invisible due to this colour mix thing as well, can I change that to a flashing block of any colour as I'd like? (I'd pick one which can be seen, whether it's deemed "cool" or not! )
-
Senior Member
registered user
AFAICT, there are 4 sets of cursor themes provided. I generally use the redglass cursor theme, as it stands out against light/dark backgrounds, making it easier for me to locate where the cursor is at. You can compile and insert additional cursor themes but most that I've worked with have to be compiled per user, but I'd rather if it could be set globally for all users, preferably.
-
Haven't looked much at eye candy myself, but most stuff for kde can be found at:
http://www.kde-look.org/
-
Senior Member
registered user
Tiny Pointer
One thing that bugs me is the size of the mouse pointer is excruciatingly small. The mouse setup has a check box to use larger pointer and it will take effect after KDE is re started. But I have re started for about a month now and pointer still is too tiny to see! Any ideas? bob
-

Originally Posted by
Durand Hicks
AFAICT, there are 4 sets of cursor themes provided. I generally use the redglass cursor theme, as it stands out against light/dark backgrounds, making it easier for me to locate where the cursor is at. You can compile and insert additional cursor themes but most that I've worked with have to be compiled per user, but I'd rather if it could be set globally for all users, preferably.
Hmm.. can't find those four you mention, how are you seeing them? - I looked under themes based on what you said, but no luck
Still no idea about the typing/insert cursor either - a block would likely be more visible that a line I am hoping! oh well, back to the draining board!
-

Originally Posted by
Markus
That's a neat site for later, thanks!
-
Re: Tiny Pointer

Originally Posted by
bob58
One thing that bugs me is the size of the mouse pointer is excruciatingly small. The mouse setup has a check box to use larger pointer and it will take effect after KDE is re started. But I have re started for about a month now and pointer still is too tiny to see! Any ideas? bob
Changes being asked for, and then getting ignored seems to be a rather regular feature of life in X, beyond that, not a clue sadly.
Is there an XPay86 etc. counterpart that maybe works reliably? That seems to be where most trouble stems from if you want a desktop, and some of this century's niceties on your box.
-
You can change the mouse theme and install new themes in:
K menu -> Settings -> Control Center -> Peripherals -> Mouse -> Cursor theme
As for a larger cursor try changing in /home/login_name/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals a line under [KDE] to LargeCursor=true
-
Senior Member
registered user
crazy KDE
Hi...I checked that file [KDEGLOBALS] and there are already 2 lines, one for LargeCursor=True and another for a white cursor.....I wonder why I cant make my cursor arrow BIGGER? Very strange if it is correct in the configuration.......any more ideas??? Also : I dont have an option for CURSOR THEME for some reason. I guess someone up there doesnt want me to have a cursor I can see!
K menu -> Settings -> Control Center -> Peripherals -> Mouse -> Cursor theme
Any other suggestions////thanks
-
Just another idea
The kdeglobals file is also in /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals
Similar Threads
-
By Otacon in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-27-2005, 05:15 PM
-
By fannymites in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-04-2004, 05:23 AM
-
By dayalp in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 06:03 PM
-
By diirrttiiee in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 08:34 AM
-
By clfest in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 01:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00