-
Asking for Helpful Suggestions
I am a complete Linux noob, let's get that out of the way first. A friend of mine gave me a copy of Knoppix and I've gotten quite interested in it. Up till now I've been a M$ user and have heard all the proponents of Linux saying how grand it is and want to experience it for myself. Now here's the thing...I've got an ancient system that's not doing more than being a dust collector/paperweight. I figure I can reload it as many times as I want and not interfere with what goes on my main system. Yes, yes, Knoppix runs completely from the CD and won't muck up the current HD load unless I make it do so. What I'd like to know are general suggestions of which Knoppix distro that'd be best suited for my system, running off the hard drive.
Here's the guts of the thing:
Pentium 133
48MB RAM
2GB hard drive
8x CD-ROM
STB Lightspeed 128 (ET6000 based) video
Dual voodoo2 (SLI) cards (best thing on this thing actually)
USR 33.6K modem
Ensoniq Soundscape card
I just reloaded Windoze 98 on the machine to see if it still works (and it does). It's an old Gateway machine that my sister used for college but she has a nice new machine and didn't want this one anymore.
So, all that being said, any suggestions for this random goon?
Similar Threads
-
By jisakiel in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2005, 12:30 AM
-
By nitropowered in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 06:55 AM
-
By linuxwind in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 09:55 PM
-
By Dave_Bechtel in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-17-2003, 06:01 AM
-
By fhayashi in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-11-2003, 05:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$37.99

NEW Samsung USB Type-C 256GB Flash Drive USB 3.2 Gen 1 Genuine OEM -MUF-256DA/AM
$55.99

PNY 1TB PRO Elite V3 USB 3.2 Gen 2 Flash Drive Up to 1000MB/s Read Bulk Package
$84.99

USB 2.0 Flash Drive 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Thumb Memory Stick Multi Pack Bulk Lot
$1082.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99