View Poll Results: do we need more live game cd's?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    5 71.43%
  • no

    1 14.29%
  • I don't play games on my pc

    1 14.29%
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: new knoppix game cd

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    12

    new knoppix game cd

    OK I know there are a lot of remasters out there but we all like the game cds right. This is my first attempt and I could use some help. I am using winex (cvs version) to run an old windows game and need to know where/how to set up .wine directory in the knoppix user directory. Do I simply need to put it in /etc/skel?
    I am almost done with my build and just need a few more finnishing touches, if anyone can help me or point me to the right docs please email me at listman at depfyffer.com
    Thank you so much.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    13

    i am making a simaler project not excactly though

    the project that i am making is i am going to have the linux dedicated servers of battlefield 1942 unreal 2003 unreal 2004 and bf vetnam. teamspeak(both server and client) along with howevermany games i can can think of. i cant wait till i get it done

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    12
    OK I have everything working except alsa,unfortunately sound only works with alsa.The game works perfect in chroot envirornment now I just need to copy my .wine directory from /home/knoppix (remember I'm running chroot /mnt/hdb2/knx/source/KNOPPIX) and make it show up with the right permissions in /remdisk/home/knoppix when booting from the CD. Can anyone help me with this? I think I will try to run it from another directory if I can't get it into the /ramdisk/home/knoppix but user knoppix must have write access or it wont work

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    90
    Morphix have one game remaster. And they are focused on modular live cds. You could get some useful information there

Similar Threads

  1. Learning game development on knoppix.
    By rangalo in forum Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 02:06 PM
  2. getting knoppix set up with xerces xml parser for game dev
    By j!m in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-04-2005, 07:47 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 06:42 PM
  4. knoppix game cd?
    By TheCrazzyman in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 07:37 AM
  5. Game only KNOPPIX
    By noor in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 03:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95