You can specify the ip address in the /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig file.
Use something like this:
/sbin/ifconfig $ipaddr netmask $subnet
/sbin/route add default gw $gateway
Jonathon.
Hello,
installing KNOPPIX for remastering purposes was no problem. Now I want to assign a IP-Adress so that I don't have to use netcardconfig every time after booting from the CD. What must I do? Is it sufficient to execute netcardconfig on the hard disc? Is the created /etc/network/interfaces then used in the new image?
Thanks in advance,
Armin Herzer
You can specify the ip address in the /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig file.
Use something like this:
/sbin/ifconfig $ipaddr netmask $subnet
/sbin/route add default gw $gateway
Jonathon.
Thank you, I will try it!
Armin

MOS MCS 6502 Ceramic DIP Vintage CPU/Processor Chip ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$2500.00
Vintage AutoCAD 2000i Upgrade Boxed CD & Key Code
$144.45
Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99
LOT of 4 Intel/AMD R80188 80188 R80186 80186 vintage CPU GOLD/Ceramic
$59.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage UMC GMB-386UMC V0.1 386DX ISA Motherboard w/ AMIBIOS AA2828485
$68.00
RARE ATI Graphics Xpression ISA 2MB Mach64 GX EXM193 Vintage VGA Card 1995
$223.99
Vintage Y2K Heritage Brown Leather 17” Laptop Briefcase Business Bag With Strap
$49.95
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99
Vintage FIC PT-2000 Socket 5 Motherboard 32MB Pentium 90 FDIV Used Description
$199.99