Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Ip info

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Ip info

    Is there anyway I can look at my current network set up useing DCHP? Because I want to do a manual config and I don't know that answers to some of the questions asked.

    Also when I do manually set up my network do I have to save the config again or is it saved in my Home directory.

    If I have to save the config to keep it then is there a script I can run to change the setup to what I want it to be?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    anyone?

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    shell command ifconfig, although there are other ways to get the information too.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Rather then resaving my config and being the lazy person I am, is there some script I can make to auto change the ip settings

    Ip= 192.168.1.102
    subnet mask=255.255.255.0
    broadcast=192.168.1.255
    Gateway=192.168.1.1
    Name server= none (I clicked cancel when the option came up.) Is name server DNS?

Similar Threads

  1. music info
    By pompeyjohn in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 08:49 PM
  2. Step 2 info
    By HOfL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2004, 12:37 PM
  3. Program info needed.
    By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 05:20 AM
  4. fluxbox info?
    By three eyes open in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2003, 02:57 AM
  5. Info on Knoppix
    By Suunsu in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 06:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer picture

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer

$419.99



Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM picture

Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM

$129.00



Lot Vintage SCSI Controller Cards Adaptec BusLogic BusTek AHA-1542 1520 ISA EISA picture

Lot Vintage SCSI Controller Cards Adaptec BusLogic BusTek AHA-1542 1520 ISA EISA

$179.95



Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8 picture

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8

$170.99



Vintage Dell AT101W GYUM90SK 6780D ps/2 'Clicky' Mechanical Beige Keyboard picture

Vintage Dell AT101W GYUM90SK 6780D ps/2 'Clicky' Mechanical Beige Keyboard

$79.00



Vintage NRI Model 832 Microcomputer Case - See Photos picture

Vintage NRI Model 832 Microcomputer Case - See Photos

$295.00



Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard picture

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard

$350.00



Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ* picture

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*

$80.00