Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: internet with knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Georgia, Atlanta
    Posts
    2

    internet with knoppix

    Hey,

    I can not see the internet when I am using the knoppix live CD. What shoul I do to solve the problem?



    thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    29
    what kind of connection do you have?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6

    Re: internet with knoppix

    Quote Originally Posted by Julia
    Hey,

    I can not see the internet when I am using the knoppix live CD. What shoul I do to solve the problem?


    thanks
    Here are instruction about the different Internet connections.
    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqNetwork
    [/url]

    After you get it to work you can save the Internet configuration to floppydisk (HD also possible) if you want to automatically have your internet configuration set at next boot.

    1. Saving configuration to floppy:
    K menu - KNOPPIX - Configure - Save Knoppix Configuration

    3. At next CD boot up when boot prompt appears do following:
    a) Put in the configuration diskette floppy
    b) Write at boot prompt:
    Knoppix floppyconf


    Thats it

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    miitool

    I have a laptop and everytime I bring it somewhere else/new I have to type:

    mii-tool -r

    ...in a console and then...

    netcardconfig

    also in a console. Hope it works! I had the same problem two weeks ago and this trick helped me. Thank you all knoppix.net users

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix can't get to the Internet
    By username11 in forum Networking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 09:02 PM
  2. Knoppix Internet Connection
    By Siege in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 06:02 AM
  3. No Internet with Knoppix 3.6 HD-Install
    By Chastaghir in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-13-2004, 10:39 AM
  4. Internet With Knoppix
    By Julia in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 01:55 AM
  5. internet not reachable with knoppix 3.2
    By lucs in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2003, 07:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00