-
Junior Member
registered user
KNOPPIX "KDE CVS"
I am downloading this for the first time it is a CVS for KDE/Knoppix
http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/kdecvs/
Walt
[edit by Fabianx:
This is a remaster, which does not feature Knoppix CVS, but "KDE CVS". So this is _no_ preview of the upcoming Knoppix, but of the upcoming KDE.]
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: KDE/KNOPPIX CVS

Originally Posted by
w.nelson
Moved to news.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I am not sure how to change from DE to US. It boots upfine but in DE only.
Walt
Update it is Regional & Accessibility
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
w.nelson
I am not sure how to change from DE to US. It boots upfine but in DE only.
Walt
Update it is Regional & Accessibility
knoppix lang=us at the opening screen just type it in and enter.
-
Very nice, but how can you change the vsync
I have just downloaded the iso, burned it on a CDRW and am using it now with the 2.6.3 kernal to post this message. Very nice...
The only problem I see is that the vertical refresh rate is very conservative for my monitor, but when I try to boot using the cheat code for 85Hz:
knoppix26 -vsync=85
The screen just goes blank and does not boot... Any ideas how to change it from within KDE?
BTW, I was suprised to see that Mozilla was not included. Will it be included in the final release of knoppix 3.4?
Tim
-
Junior Member
registered user
I am a mail list and was notified that this was up. You can ask about any changes or modification by subscribing
debian-kde-cvs mailing list
[email protected]
http://opendoorsoftware.com/mailman/...debian-kde-cvs
-
details
i just download...
Knoppix 3.4
Kernel 2.4.25 (default)
Kernel 2.6.3 (in boot menu >knoppix26 lang=xx)
kde 3.2.1
Hd install: "su root knoppix-installer" (from command line)
Wonderful! thanks knoppix... thanks linux
i´m still crying...
Saludos Arie&kaliskas
-
Junior Member
registered user
Downloading... nice speed so far. However, I wonder... would a torrent for this iso be useful? (to ease the load on the server
)
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi friends,
what is this knoppix-cvs ???? Any info ???
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
mikekgr
Hi friends,
what is this knoppix-cvs ???? Any info ???
Hi, I'm just running this and it is an inofficial remaster featuring the KDE cvs development version. It is useful for KDE contributors who want to test a very bleeding-edge KDE version but I would not recommend it for general usage. The KDE packages there are not supported and are incompatible with the official ones.
The wait for 3.4 continues...
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 10:02 PM
-
By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 12:16 PM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

WHOOP TAB-8US2 8" Quad Core, 4G, 32 GB SSD, 3 GB RAM, Tablet PC W/Cover Bundle
$59.95

Lenovo Thinkcentre M720q Intel Core i5 8th Gen 8GB RAM 256GB No OS USFF Desktop
$115.00

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...
$399.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99

Apple Macbook Air M1 8-Core 13in 256GB SSD 8GB RAM 2020 Space Gray Poor Used
$339.99

HP 14-DQ2xxx~ i3 Gen 11~ 8 Ram~ 256 NVMe~ Win 11 Pro~ A Condition
$129.95

Dell Optiplex 7070 Intel Core i5 9th Gen 8GB RAM No Drive/OS USFF Desktop B3
$150.00