-
Junior Member
registered user
-
Who controls the kernel used in this release?
I still need the driver for my Promise SATA150 TX4 compiled into the kernel. I don't know if just the module will work, as I've never gotten far enough to try. Besides, it'd likely need to be in an initrd anyway.
Otherwise, I cannot see my hard drives,nor will I ever be able to boot KNOPPIX from them!
-SUO
-
Senior Member
registered user
You should only use this to try the new KDE, not knoppix - it has nothing new compared to the 3.4 cebit edition, exept it features KDE cvs - which means unstable and incompattible with normal packages...
So DONT do a harddisk install, cuz it will only install a broken debian system. A Knoppix 3.3 installation can be easilly upgraded with the new software from debian unstable, so you'll have an up-to-date system, and there is no need to wait for 3.4!
Waiting for 3.4 is only usefull if 3.3 doesnt work, or you only want to use it as live cd.
-
Junior Member
registered user
again - very quick
I am posting again because I want to say that this was really quick and just for a look - not install!!!
A few programs are removed and this was done bad! Sorry do say that but it is so! Knoppix 3.4 will be soon avaible with KDE 3.2.x and it will be integrated better!
-
I should've left that last sentence out of my original post. 
To reiterate my point, I cannot even see my hard drives with a 2.6 kernel unless the driver for the Promise SATA 150TX4 controller is compiled into the kernel. I *may* have legitimate reasons (unrelated to HD install) for wanting to see my hard drive.
I've had this problem with most distros featuring a 2.6 kernel. Gentoo and Mandrake are the only releases that appear to work, due to the reasoning mentioned above.
-SUO
-
Just wanted to let ya'll know that there has been a release of "LinuxDefender Live! 1.5.6", it is a knoppix mod based on 3.4 cebit featuring some anti-virus software. Official annoucement here: http://www.bitdefender.com/bd/site/p..._id=25&n_id=84, torrent there: http://www.bitdefender.ro/download/C...IT.iso.torrent!
Edit: probono was a little faster than me; http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9388.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Sorry for my over anticipation on this
I thought it was a good preview?
The previous mail list was a good source for KDE CVS.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
w.nelson
Sorry for my over anticipation on this
I thought it was a good preview?
The previous mail list was a good source for KDE CVS.

Hi,
it was a developer version. And meant as a preview to KDE CVS, rather than to Knoppix 3.4
(which will have the _stable_ KDE 3.2.1)
If you read the other thread, you'll see that I encouraged to take publicity down. 
Btw. it would be nice, if you had a email-adress in the profile or activated pm
.
So, if one wants to see how KDE CVS did look like on 2004-03-16, its the distro to download.
So I'll wait for 3.4 to come ... ( "Klaus !" )
... and then sync and release Knoppix KDE CVS again
.
cu
Fabian
-
There's also a *.torrent available at http://www.boegenielsen.dk:6969 now!
-
3.4CVS: Bug Fix (mc) and Feature Request (Realtek 8169)
Hello, I am new in this forum, and I am not sure this the right place to post bug fix and new features requests for the 3.4 CVS (futur 3.4 release). Anyway ...
1) I found that the default font used by the terminal window is not good for mc (Midnight Commander). Squares are used instead of the nice lines.
Changing the font solves the problem. Would be good to change the default.
2) Since new Network Cards are used by new computer, and supported by other linux kernel why not add support for these in Knoppix ? In my case, I am especially interested into the Realtek 8169 Gigabit adapter.
Hope this will be useful to someone...
Thanks, Gilles
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 10:02 PM
-
By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 12:16 PM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$37.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99