Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: KNOPPIX "KDE CVS"

  1. #11
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    10

    delete

    delete

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    57
    Who controls the kernel used in this release?

    I still need the driver for my Promise SATA150 TX4 compiled into the kernel. I don't know if just the module will work, as I've never gotten far enough to try. Besides, it'd likely need to be in an initrd anyway.

    Otherwise, I cannot see my hard drives,nor will I ever be able to boot KNOPPIX from them!

    -SUO

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    You should only use this to try the new KDE, not knoppix - it has nothing new compared to the 3.4 cebit edition, exept it features KDE cvs - which means unstable and incompattible with normal packages...

    So DONT do a harddisk install, cuz it will only install a broken debian system. A Knoppix 3.3 installation can be easilly upgraded with the new software from debian unstable, so you'll have an up-to-date system, and there is no need to wait for 3.4!

    Waiting for 3.4 is only usefull if 3.3 doesnt work, or you only want to use it as live cd.

  4. #14
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    10

    again - very quick

    I am posting again because I want to say that this was really quick and just for a look - not install!!!

    A few programs are removed and this was done bad! Sorry do say that but it is so! Knoppix 3.4 will be soon avaible with KDE 3.2.x and it will be integrated better!

  5. #15
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    57
    I should've left that last sentence out of my original post.

    To reiterate my point, I cannot even see my hard drives with a 2.6 kernel unless the driver for the Promise SATA 150TX4 controller is compiled into the kernel. I *may* have legitimate reasons (unrelated to HD install) for wanting to see my hard drive.

    I've had this problem with most distros featuring a 2.6 kernel. Gentoo and Mandrake are the only releases that appear to work, due to the reasoning mentioned above.

    -SUO

  6. #16
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osnabrück, Germany
    Posts
    95
    Just wanted to let ya'll know that there has been a release of "LinuxDefender Live! 1.5.6", it is a knoppix mod based on 3.4 cebit featuring some anti-virus software. Official annoucement here: http://www.bitdefender.com/bd/site/p..._id=25&n_id=84, torrent there: http://www.bitdefender.ro/download/C...IT.iso.torrent!

    Edit: probono was a little faster than me; http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9388.

  7. #17
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    22
    Sorry for my over anticipation on this

    I thought it was a good preview?

    The previous mail list was a good source for KDE CVS.


  8. #18
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by w.nelson
    Sorry for my over anticipation on this

    I thought it was a good preview?

    The previous mail list was a good source for KDE CVS.

    Hi,

    it was a developer version. And meant as a preview to KDE CVS, rather than to Knoppix 3.4 (which will have the _stable_ KDE 3.2.1)

    If you read the other thread, you'll see that I encouraged to take publicity down.

    Btw. it would be nice, if you had a email-adress in the profile or activated pm .

    So, if one wants to see how KDE CVS did look like on 2004-03-16, its the distro to download.

    So I'll wait for 3.4 to come ... ( "Klaus !" )

    ... and then sync and release Knoppix KDE CVS again .

    cu

    Fabian

  9. #19
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osnabrück, Germany
    Posts
    95
    There's also a *.torrent available at http://www.boegenielsen.dk:6969 now!

  10. #20
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    3.4CVS: Bug Fix (mc) and Feature Request (Realtek 8169)

    Hello, I am new in this forum, and I am not sure this the right place to post bug fix and new features requests for the 3.4 CVS (futur 3.4 release). Anyway ...

    1) I found that the default font used by the terminal window is not good for mc (Midnight Commander). Squares are used instead of the nice lines.
    Changing the font solves the problem. Would be good to change the default.

    2) Since new Network Cards are used by new computer, and supported by other linux kernel why not add support for these in Knoppix ? In my case, I am especially interested into the Realtek 8169 Gigabit adapter.

    Hope this will be useful to someone...
    Thanks, Gilles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 10:02 PM
  2. startx with "root" and not with "knoppix"
    By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 12:16 PM
  3. "Connection Reset by Peer" or "hang"
    By oreo in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
  4. "Foreign" drive formats and "dd" command
    By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
  5. Locate Knoppix "group" in "K" menu
    By Juny in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$484.99



DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard) picture

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)

$399.95



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$381.93



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69