-
Junior Member
registered user
wlan success on Dell D600 and Intel PRO 2100...
Wireless Internet on Dell D600 Laptop:
This is a write-up of how I got my Intel PRO 2100 wireless card working with Knoppix 3.3 2-26-04.
Dell D600 Laptop [here]
Intel Centrino 1.6 GHz CPU
1 GB RAM
40 GB HDD
14.1" SXGA+ & ATI Radeon 9000 32 MB RAM video card
10/100/1000 Ethernet lan
Intel PRO 2100 wireless wlan
4.68 lbs
1. Download and burn Knoppix 3.3 2-16-2004 [torrent here].
2. Boot your freshly-burned disk. (I used the 'knoppix toram lang=us' param at boot)
3. Install to HDD, using the 'sudo knoppix installer' command. [notes]
4. After reboot, download the Intel PRO 2100 drivers [here].
5. Download the Linuxant package [here]. Get trial or full key at this time too.
6. Extract the Intel PRO 2100 files using Ark.
7. Install the Linuxant package as root. [my install notes]
8. Add 'alias eth1 driverloader' to /etc/modules.conf file as root - this starts the wlan at boot. [notes]
9. Enjoy! It really was that simple (after spending a day on it !!).
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: wlan success on Dell D600 and Intel PRO 2100...

Originally Posted by
barl0w
8. Add 'alias eth1 driverloader' to /etc/modules.conf file as root - this starts the wlan at boot. [
notes]
You should add that line in the file /etc/modutils/aliases then run update-modules as root to enter it in the /etc/modules.conf the next time any program runs update-modules your changes will be overwritten because the contents of that file are auto-generated from the files in /etc/modutils directory when it is run.
-
Linux Drivers?
Well this doesnt help me too much
I've already got my drive partitioned and dont want to lose all the data (no backup as of right now).
Any news on whether Knoppix will include the Intel Pro 2100 linux driver Intel released in a soon-to-be version of Knoppix so I can boot off the CD without the need to load the distro on my hard drive?
-
Get trial or full key at this time too
Hi there.
...so; if I get the 30days trial license for the Linuxant-package, I will be able to run my wlan 30 days...
otherwise I'll have to pay?!? fine...
is there no other way of getting my Intel 2100-a** to work on a Knoppix 3.02 - except on that basis
and this install-instruction - which doesn't fit my needs because of a missing '*.ko' file in the hostap-driver-0.1.3/driver/modules/ folder which, though, is not able to be copied(?), due to its absence.
(The error occurred every time I ran make in the root folder of the hostap-driver-0.1.3 dir.)
I didn't find anyone - using google - who's encountered this Problem...
...maybe someone reading this did, and solved this someway... 
Thanks for any hints, suggestions, walkthroughs, or whatever...
Greetings Gabriel.
PS: P1.3 Centrino with Intel PRO/Wireless 2100, Knoppix 3.02 (2.4.24-xfs).
PSS: In fact I'm not really a newbie to Linux, but never the less there are a few years gone since I read and did such much Linux-stuff; so please try to keep it simple - long story short: tell me in commandline-style. 
I need to know how to install what...config is secondary.
(Although, I would appreciate further information of any kind).
PSSS: Sorry for maybe writing kind of strange... I'm not a nativ-english-dude
Similar Threads
-
By muzicman82 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-23-2004, 12:51 AM
-
By pumix in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-13-2004, 10:38 PM
-
By totenengle in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 10:31 PM
-
By pepito in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:44 PM
-
By dek in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 09:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$288.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00