I have the same problem. The problem seems to be that the network tries to connect before the network card is initialized with cardmgr. But I'm not sure how to fix this.
Jordan
I installed the c't (3.4) Version of Knoppix. I configured the network card (PCMCIA) and network was working perfect. But after a reboot the network configuration is gone. I always have to run:
/etc/init.d/networking stop
/etc/init.d/networking start
to get it working. Is there a way to get this working whitout having to do this every time i start my computer?
Thx a lot
greetings
BoopaMagal
I have the same problem. The problem seems to be that the network tries to connect before the network card is initialized with cardmgr. But I'm not sure how to fix this.
Jordan
I solved it in a way. I made a new init-script (renet). In it i stop and start networking. then i link this init script to rc5 S99renet.
the script looks like:
/etc/init.d/networking stop
/etc/init.d/networking start
i know it's not really nice. but it works
greetings
BoopaMagal
In my case, I make sure the modules for the network card aren't listed in /etc/modules and let cardmgr find and load it when it boots up. If you set the module to load before cardmgr has a chance to initialize, there could be problems. I didn't need a script to fix that problem.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99