Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Smart boot manager

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    31

    Smart boot manager

    I need some help with SBM I DL , all I get is a text file?? dont know what to do with it . I dont know the first thing abt programming, How do I make the Text document executable? as it is its useless. SBM is supposed to be able to boot any CD but as it stands its useless. thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Taylors, SC
    Posts
    2

    Ditto

    I burned the .iso image to the CD. Using Explorer (in Windows) the .iso file is sitting there as a single file.

    I've buzzed around here looking for a boot floppy and, okay, there appears to be one floating out here somewhere.

    But where?

    I've taken a look at a couple boot Linus floppy tools like RIP and Tom's Boot Disk but both of those are simply .bin files or .img files that are far too big for a floppy.

    I'm running a Compaq Presario 725. The BIOS allows for booting from the Knoppix CD but, for whatever reason, it cannot read the .iso file.

    Suggestions would be most helpful

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    31

    SBM

    Does no one in Knoppix land know what to do with SBM after it is DLd

Similar Threads

  1. smart boot manager problem on windows
    By der in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 03:48 PM
  2. Smart Boot Manager
    By proto in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 12:06 PM
  3. Smart boot manager
    By proto in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 06:22 PM
  4. Smart Boot Manager
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 08:25 PM
  5. Smart Boot Manager
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 07:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$12.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01