PS this is a HD install, I posted the same message in that forum but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for help in two places
Hello all,
As the subject suggests I recently had a power outage knock out my Knoppix box. Whenever I reboot it it takes me into single user mode.
I have tried running fsck but get the following error
"fsck: error while loading shared libraries: libblkid.so.1: cannot open shared object file: Input/Output error"
This box is a mail server (you can still e-mail a solution at [email protected]) so I need to get it up and running ASAP
Thanks in advance.
Bryan James
PS this is a HD install, I posted the same message in that forum but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for help in two places

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
HP EliteBook 850 G6 15.6" Core i5-8265U 1.60GHz 8GB RAM AMD Lexa GPU PWR Adapter
$120.00
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98
Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00