PS this is a HD install, I posted the same message in that forum but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for help in two places
Hello all,
As the subject suggests I recently had a power outage knock out my Knoppix box. Whenever I reboot it it takes me into single user mode.
I have tried running fsck but get the following error
"fsck: error while loading shared libraries: libblkid.so.1: cannot open shared object file: Input/Output error"
This box is a mail server (you can still e-mail a solution at [email protected]) so I need to get it up and running ASAP
Thanks in advance.
Bryan James
PS this is a HD install, I posted the same message in that forum but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for help in two places

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00