My system will boot Koppix fine with only one error during startup(about the i810 chipset-I have and i815). It gets all the way to into KDE (or iceWM it doesn't matter) and the system hard locks--Ctrl-Alt-Delt doesn't even work!
The CD works on other computers-I burned several and they all work elsewhere. It did work the first time I ran it, but now it won't.
I have reletively basic hardware Asus 815ep board, radeon 64M vivo [agp}, SB live value [pci 3] (with pnp off to detect), a 10/100 ovislink nic [pci 5], and a 10/100/1000 nec? nic [pci 1]. The modem/dsl is external. The set-up works OK with windows (same bios settings) There has to be some conflict in assigning IRQ/DMA that Knoppix can't handle--
Am I missing something in my BIOS setup, cards, etc?
thanks

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99
Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov
$275.00
Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used
$47.99
VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95
Lot of Vintage Ribbon Cables Untested Sold As Is
$99.99
RARE NEW RETAIL BOX VINTAGE AST BTC 5140M WINDOWS PS2 KEYBOARD FCC E5XK8M104M10U
$31.95
Apple Vintage Rainbow Logo Laptop Briefcase Sage Green Canvas Tech Bag 90s Rare
$70.00
Vintage Toshiba XM-6201B SCSI 50 Pin CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99
Vintage HP Compaq nc6400 Laptop – Windows XP Pro – Works – Charger Included
$67.00