Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: CD burning

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    CD burning

    How do I burn a CD? How do I burn ISO, CCD, BIN/CUE files? Is there a simple GUI in KDE that'll do the trick?

    I've searched and I can't see a simple howto guide

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: CD burning

    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wflake
    How do I burn a CD? How do I burn ISO, CCD, BIN/CUE files? Is there a simple GUI in KDE that'll do the trick?

    I've searched and I can't see a simple howto guide
    Open K3b and go into the Tools menu -> CD -> Burn CD Image and choose the image you want to burn.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    Thank you Stephen

    Thank you Stephen, you're an excellent Helper! My installation test of Knoppix 3.3 borked my network so I have to burn everything to CD and reinstall Knoppix.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    9
    Excuse me but I will make an idiot newbie question: An ISO image burned in Linux with k3b is readable in Windows too right?

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Pingüino
    Excuse me but I will make an idiot newbie question: An ISO image burned in Linux with k3b is readable in Windows too right?
    It depends on the file system that is inside the image in the case of Knoppix images they use a standard CD file system which windows can read.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    9
    Thanks Steven That answered my question perfectly.
    I asked because I want to make some copies of Windows programs under Linux, because my external HP recorder is not detected by Nero under Windows XP, but works perfectly under Linux.

    Thanks again, greetings from Penguinland.

Similar Threads

  1. Burning The .ISO
    By Me1324 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 01:28 PM
  2. help burning
    By clover in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 12:16 AM
  3. CD burning
    By sblacklord in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2003, 10:23 PM
  4. burning to cd
    By InsaneLampshade in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2003, 09:36 PM
  5. K3B CD Burning
    By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2003, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Promise Pegasus2 M4 4-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage Array 4 X 1 TB SSD - Used picture

Promise Pegasus2 M4 4-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage Array 4 X 1 TB SSD - Used

$200.00



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US picture

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US

$111.30



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$202.46