Open K3b and go into the Tools menu -> CD -> Burn CD Image and choose the image you want to burn.Originally Posted by sn0wflake
How do I burn a CD? How do I burn ISO, CCD, BIN/CUE files? Is there a simple GUI in KDE that'll do the trick?
I've searched and I can't see a simple howto guide![]()
Open K3b and go into the Tools menu -> CD -> Burn CD Image and choose the image you want to burn.Originally Posted by sn0wflake
Thank you Stephen, you're an excellent Helper! My installation test of Knoppix 3.3 borked my network so I have to burn everything to CD and reinstall Knoppix.
Excuse me but I will make an idiot newbie question: An ISO image burned in Linux with k3b is readable in Windows too right?
It depends on the file system that is inside the image in the case of Knoppix images they use a standard CD file system which windows can read.Originally Posted by Pingüino
Thanks StevenThat answered my question perfectly.
I asked because I want to make some copies of Windows programs under Linux, because my external HP recorder is not detected by Nero under Windows XP, but works perfectly under Linux.
Thanks again, greetings from Penguinland.![]()

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99