Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Uninstalling firewall

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    Uninstalling firewall

    I installed the firewalls Bastille and Guarddog. The first installed fine but didn't seem to work so I removed it. Weird thing is that Kpackage still reports it and I can't remove it (anymore) from KPackage.
    Guarddog also installed allright but now I get these damn annoying status messages in my consoles. So I uninstalled Guarddog and apt reported that it was successfully removed, but the messages are still there! How do I remove apps the proper way?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    29
    open guard dog, click on the log tab, uncheck all the logging boxes. That will stop the logs from popping up in you console.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    Bad dog

    My experiences with Linux firewalls are very poor so far. I noticed that Linux doesn't "stealth" it's ports like in Windows (the test was performed on www.grc.com) so I tried Bastille and Guarddog. Nothing changed to my surprise and now I have an annoying frequent message in all my consoles. What a bummer. Uninstalling didn't help either. Now I'm just playing with Linux without net access. Luckily my Knoppix is on a redundant laptop. Hmpf...

Similar Threads

  1. Uninstalling software
    By astump in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 10:13 PM
  2. Uninstalling HD Install
    By ibrewale in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-14-2004, 01:20 PM
  3. uninstalling programs
    By s-r-b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 05:59 PM
  4. Uninstalling Knoppix
    By anman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-12-2003, 03:49 AM
  5. uninstalling stuff ?
    By bigjohn in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 10:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP PROLIANT  TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM picture

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM

$195.00



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS picture

Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS

$249.98



Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram picture

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram

$960.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS picture

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS

$299.99



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99