-
Orinoco PCMCIA card help!
I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop and a Orinoco Silver 802.11g PCMCIA card.
1.I am running the KNOPPIX cd version I assume this is not KNOPPIX STD can anyone confirm this?
2.Note I am new to Linux very new so I'll need everything explaining even how to bring up folders and shells and the folder locations sorry.
3.I have run Wavelan configuration but it says "No wireless network card found"
4.I assume Eth0 is my Orinoco card not the built in LAN can some one confirm this too?
5.How do I get the wireless card to work?
6.I read some where I need to patch the orinoco card how do i do this?
7.Where/what is teh wireless shell?
Sorry for the n00bness convert me from XP to Linux!
TIA
Atca
Similar Threads
-
By al_mckin in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 02:32 PM
-
By al_mckin in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 12:42 AM
-
By jsl81 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 01:04 PM
-
By Arne Midtboe in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-09-2003, 03:28 AM
-
By Guest in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-26-2002, 03:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
$799.00

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00