-
First time user with problems
Please excuse such a stupid question but I have burnt a bootable image using Nero download and now have KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-09-EN.iso on the disk.
The CD is first in the boot order in BIOS but when it boots it loads Caldera and just boots to DR DOS
What am I doing wrong?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I havent used Nero but it is necessary to burn as a .iso image. Check the docs and faq on this site. It is also good practice to check the Md5sum of the image.
johnb
-
ISO
I think you burned the ISO file to the CD as a normal file. Try thinking the other way while I explain. ISO files are complete CD's represented as a file on your harddisk. I don't use physical CD's anymore because I'm (physically) lazy . Instead I use a program that can emulate a CD drive.
Basically you need a program that can interpretate the ISO file and burn that "image" to a CD. Nero is fine at that in Windows while K3B is fine in Knoppix.
Hope it helps
-
Senior Member
registered user
most burning softwares can burn ISO files. They usually call them image files.
-
Junior Member
registered user
nero burns anything,ive been useing it for years.
if its an .img file thats bootable or not...just change .img to .iso and click "burn image" done
-
Thanks for all your replies guys - it is working now
-
Junior Member
registered user
Nero rocks. I have been able to copy things with it that I couldn't even do with clone cd. For future reference, anyone using nero should chose to burn an opened or saved project (bottom option), click ISO, all files. the rest is done for you.
Similar Threads
-
By ccaaee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 05:28 PM
-
By seta21 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-16-2004, 06:32 AM
-
By JamalNJ in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 07:06 PM
-
By huggyg71 in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 06-28-2003, 04:56 AM
-
By Tovi in forum General Support
Replies: 22
Last Post: 04-23-2003, 01:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

HP EliteBook 840 G5 Laptop Intel Core i5 7200U 8GB RAM – No HDD
$64.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00

AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor
$399.00

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98