-
Junior Member
registered user
Burning DVDs, k3b/growisofs and Toshiba SD-R5002
Hi !
I have a problem, my DVD-burner Toshiba SD-R5002 doen't burn DVDs. I tried using k3b, burning CDs works, but burning DVDs does not. When I start growisofs from command line, I get this error:
Executing 'mkisofs a/ | builtin_dd of=/dev/scd1 obs=32k seek=0'
/dev/scd1: "Current Write Speed" is 1.0x1385KBps.
:-! "COMMAND SEQUENCE ERROR"@LBA=0h. Is media being read?
:-! the LUN appears to be stuck at 0h, retrying in 5 secs...
:-! "COMMAND SEQUENCE ERROR"@LBA=0h. Is media being read?
:-! the LUN appears to be stuck at 0h, retrying in 5 secs...
This keeps on repeating every 5 seconds, until I press CTRL-C. The common answer to this is to make sure that the DVD-burner isn't used otherwise, for example by an automounter. I don't think this is the case, because:
- I have a clean Knoppix-HD-install (Knoppix 3.3)
- Burning DVDs also doesn't work if I boot from CD (from my DVD-Reader of course
.
- cdrecord works without problems
Does anybody have an idea what's going wrong ?
Similar Threads
-
By nerocz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 11:47 PM
-
By jjman123 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 11:31 PM
-
By jjman123 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 01:45 AM
-
By Cooperator in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-19-2004, 04:44 PM
-
By paradocs in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-07-2004, 06:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server
$525.00

Windows Server 2025 Standard Edition - 24 Core License
$238.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R640 1U 8SFF Server Barebones 2x Gold 5120 64GB H330 2x 750w
$238.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95