-
Junior Member
registered user
Burning DVDs, k3b/growisofs and Toshiba SD-R5002
Hi !
I have a problem, my DVD-burner Toshiba SD-R5002 doen't burn DVDs. I tried using k3b, burning CDs works, but burning DVDs does not. When I start growisofs from command line, I get this error:
Executing 'mkisofs a/ | builtin_dd of=/dev/scd1 obs=32k seek=0'
/dev/scd1: "Current Write Speed" is 1.0x1385KBps.
:-! "COMMAND SEQUENCE ERROR"@LBA=0h. Is media being read?
:-! the LUN appears to be stuck at 0h, retrying in 5 secs...
:-! "COMMAND SEQUENCE ERROR"@LBA=0h. Is media being read?
:-! the LUN appears to be stuck at 0h, retrying in 5 secs...
This keeps on repeating every 5 seconds, until I press CTRL-C. The common answer to this is to make sure that the DVD-burner isn't used otherwise, for example by an automounter. I don't think this is the case, because:
- I have a clean Knoppix-HD-install (Knoppix 3.3)
- Burning DVDs also doesn't work if I boot from CD (from my DVD-Reader of course
.
- cdrecord works without problems
Does anybody have an idea what's going wrong ?
Similar Threads
-
By nerocz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 11:47 PM
-
By jjman123 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 11:31 PM
-
By jjman123 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 01:45 AM
-
By Cooperator in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-19-2004, 04:44 PM
-
By paradocs in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-07-2004, 06:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC RT-11 V5.0 8” Floppy Disks HT-11 System BASIC FORTRAN Software Lot
$199.95

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

VINTAGE DEC/MDB Systems MLSI-TEV Circuit Board #40040340 1976 (B5)
$69.99

Vintage DEC LSI-11 PDP-11 Paper Tape Software Lot (96 Tapes) Cables Hardware
$649.00

(2) Vintage DEC DLV11-KB RS-232 to 20mA Current Loop Converters PDP-11 As-Is
$170.00

Vintage DEC Digital VR319-DA 19" High Resolution Monochrome CRT Monitor TESTED
$219.99

VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99

Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers DEC IBM HUGE CRT LOT
$7250.00