-
Junior Member
registered user
Burning DVDs, k3b/growisofs and Toshiba SD-R5002
Hi !
I have a problem, my DVD-burner Toshiba SD-R5002 doen't burn DVDs. I tried using k3b, burning CDs works, but burning DVDs does not. When I start growisofs from command line, I get this error:
Executing 'mkisofs a/ | builtin_dd of=/dev/scd1 obs=32k seek=0'
/dev/scd1: "Current Write Speed" is 1.0x1385KBps.
:-! "COMMAND SEQUENCE ERROR"@LBA=0h. Is media being read?
:-! the LUN appears to be stuck at 0h, retrying in 5 secs...
:-! "COMMAND SEQUENCE ERROR"@LBA=0h. Is media being read?
:-! the LUN appears to be stuck at 0h, retrying in 5 secs...
This keeps on repeating every 5 seconds, until I press CTRL-C. The common answer to this is to make sure that the DVD-burner isn't used otherwise, for example by an automounter. I don't think this is the case, because:
- I have a clean Knoppix-HD-install (Knoppix 3.3)
- Burning DVDs also doesn't work if I boot from CD (from my DVD-Reader of course
.
- cdrecord works without problems
Does anybody have an idea what's going wrong ?
-
did you solve the problem?
indeed my problem is that I cannot burn multisession DVDs (k3b complains that this toshiba dvd writer does not support multisessions... but it does under windows)
moreover, multisession dvds created with Nero cannot be read under linux!
Similar Threads
-
By nerocz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 11:47 PM
-
By jjman123 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 11:31 PM
-
By jjman123 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 01:45 AM
-
By Cooperator in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-19-2004, 04:44 PM
-
By paradocs in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-07-2004, 06:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HPE Edgeline e920 Server Blade
$350.00

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i
$699.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99